At Lumen Optometric, we’re taking every means necessary to ensure the health of our patients, our community, and our families. Below is a short summary of our COVID-19 protocols:
● We are a specialty-lens practice with a focus on education, quality materials, and patient experience. Our exams slots have always allowed for 45-50 mins for each patient, with 15 mins of buffer time between patients. Our historic scheduling practices align well with COVID prevention measures.
● Our doors will be locked, but we’re open! Just knock or call us at (626) 921-0199
● Patients can conveniently book an appointment online or through email/call/texts. We require all of our patients to fill out their forms ahead of time and submit them through our secure online portal. Any other required documents can be uploaded to our portal or emailed/texted to us. This helps minimize touchpoints and allows the patient’s examination to begin immediately upon arrival.
● Curbside pickup will be available for glasses.
● All contact lenses will be shipped directly to patients’ homes/workplace.
● We will only take patients by appointment-only to ensure that we are prepared for each anticipated patient. When a patient arrives, before they are allowed entry, we will perform a wellness screening, touchless temperature check, and provide hand sanitizer. We will require that masks be worn throughout their entire visit.
● Our office layout has been restructured to maximize social distancing of our staff and our patients where possible. You may be moving from “station to station” so that we can allow for proper disinfection and “airing out” of stations for the following patient.
● Patients will only be allowed to bring a guest if they are (1) a minor or (2) need physical or translation assistance.
● When you arrive, you can be sure that our office has been thoroughly disinfected and the air purified many times over.
● The disinfectants we utilize only require an air drying time of only 2 mins for coronavirus disinfection. We utilize a combination of chemical disinfection, UVC disinfection, ozone
disinfection, and HEPA-filtration. This will not only take care of our surfaces, but will take care of anything lingering in the air.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
● Our staff will be wearing masks throughout the day in addition to face shields, depending on the required task.
● Staff meetings performed at opening and mid-day will consist of wellness screenings, temperature checks, and a review of our patient list of needs/requirements to make sure we’re operating in a safe, efficient manner.
● Acrylic barriers will be in place in areas where face-to-face communication is unavoidable.
If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to contact us and let us know! We take these matters seriously and we are confident our social distancing, PPE, and disinfection protocols will be the best protection for keeping you healthy.
Thank you in advance for your patience and compliance with our modified COVID protocol. Stay healthy!
-Dr. Eric To